By bringing together industry leading software with the skills and experience of our Landscape Architects and dedicated Graphics Team, TGP provides you with the resource you need to get the job done. Our extensive experience ranges from production of robust visualisations and graphics for use in planning applications and appeals, 3D models for public exhibition, to conceptual massing illustrations. The practice combines creative graphic design skills with in-depth specialist knowledge to create clear and understandable graphics for the technical and non-technical alike, whilst ensuring compliance with relevant guidance at all times.
Planning process and Appeals
A well supported planning application significantly increases the chances of a commercially successful outcome. We have extensive experience in complex planning applications and projects located in sensitive locations. Our landscape team have particular expertise of the key issues often associated with gaining planning consent including mitigation measures, residential amenity and restoration/management. We have considerable experience of negotiation with local planning authorities and statutory consultees, including presenting to planning committees and participating in public consultation. We are very familiar with satisfying both pre-application development planning requirements and planning conditions for a wide range of consented schemes.
Our landscape architects have prepared evidence for a number of written representations, informal hearings, public inquires and examinations. These have involved a range of strategic and site-specific developments including residential development, recreation and commercial as well as renewable energy developments.
TGP has always passionately sought to engage with new technologies and immediately saw the benefits that Building Information Modelling could bring to landscape design, (as well as the wider construction industry). We initiated the process of achieving and demonstrating BIM Level 2 compliance to our clients as early as 2011. We believe that BIM offers unprecedented levels of detailed design, improved design visualisation and contributes to strengthening our collaboration with other members of design teams. We have an ongoing commitment to developing and maintaining staff knowledge and abilities through a dedicated training programme as well as ensuring we are informed of the latest developments in software and standards.
Mark Elliott, Director in TGP’s Glasgow office, offers a full CDM Principal Designer service, and Health & Safety advisor role to projects where TGP are sub-contracting or in a design build scenario. He is an Incorporated Member of the Association for Project Safety and provides this advice and role, either as a stand-alone service or in support of our landscape architectural project involvement
- Daffodil House, Middlesbrough (Highly Commended, Community Benefit, North East RICS Awards, 2016)
- Port Glasgow Shared Campus (Civic Trust Commendation, 2015)
- Dame Allan’s Schools (Commended finalist, Newcastle City Council Lord Mayor’s Design Awards, 2013)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (RIBA National Award, 2012)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (RIBA North East Sustainable Building of the Year, 2012)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (RIBA North East Building of the Year)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (Project of the Year, North East RICS Awards, 2012)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (RICS Regeneration Award, 2012)
- The Toffee Factory, Newcastle (RTPI Regeneration Award, 2012)
- Bornhill Primary School (Highly Commended in the RICS Scotland Awards, 2011)
- Durham Heritage Coast (UK Landscape Award, 2010)
- Durham Heritage Coast (Council of Europe Landscape Award Runner Up, 2010)
- Pannett Park, Whitby (Green Flag Award, 2010)
- Skypark (BALI Hard Landscaping Construction Costing Between £300,000 and £1.5 million Award, 2008)
- Bishops Glen, Dunoon (Scottish Awards for Quality in Planning, Outstanding Performance and Quality in Development on the Ground Commendation, 2001)
- Former Sheriff Court, Glasgow (BURA Best Practice in Regeneration Award, 2006)
- Former Sheriff Court, Glasgow (RICS Commendation for Regeneration, 2006)
- Former Sheriff Court, Glasgow (BALI Mainly Hard Landscaping Construction Costing over £50,000, 2005)
- Luma Building (Landscape Institute Design Award, 1999)
- Luma Building (Civic Trust Outstanding Contribution to the Quality and Appearance of the Environment, 1998)
- Luma Building (RICS Urban Renewal Award, 1997)