The company was commissioned to provide Specialist Landscape Architectural Services. The Whitby Abbey Headland Project involved a partnership of all principal landowners of the Abbey ruins, open headland and Abbey House complex, as well as a funding package from public and private resources. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.
The landscape proposals included the following aspects:
- Historical research in connection with the 17th Century gardens and the Cholmley family.
- Entrances and the design of the visitor circulation system.
- Pond restoration.
- Restoration of the formal entrance courts as a fitting context for the museum, which is housed within the shell of the hall which formed the Cholmley family home.
- Provision of a landscape management plan.
- RIBA White Rose Award
- Europa Nostra Award
- Civic Trust Special Award for Access
- RIBA Award